PAKvENG: Pakistan beat England in yet another nail-biting thriller
LAHORE – Pakistan bagged a clinical victory of five runs against England in the fifth game of the seven-match T20I series at Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore, on Wednesday.
While chasing a target of 146 runs, the visiting team was restricted to 140 as Pakistani bowling lineup showed stunning skills. Dawid Malan (36) and Moeen Ali (52) remained top scorer from England.
Pakistan’s innings was a one-man show as Mohammad Rizwan kept the scoreboard ticking up by smashing 63 runs off 46 balls while no other player could stand for long in front of English bowlers.
Pakistan lead the historic series 3-2.
Both squads arrived in the country’s cultural capital yesterday after four T20Is in port city Karachi. All preparations were completed at Lahore’s Gaddafi Stadium and the people of Lahore are eagerly waiting to watch the action, as England returned to the country after a 17-years hiatus.
Earlier, rain deprived the Pakistan and England teams of a first look at the ground, while the country’s home of cricket, Gaddafi promises the same electric atmosphere as Karachi.
The hosts are said to have a more dominant bowling line than the visitors but their batters, especially the middle order, leave a bit too much to be desired. Pakistani pacer Naseem Shah has been ruled out from the fifth T20I against England due to a chest infection, Pakistan Cricket Board said Wednesday.
Naseem Shah hospitalised as his health ... 09:24 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
LAHORE – Pakistan’s bowling sensation Naseem Shah was hospitalized in Lahore after his health worsened on ...
Team England is packed with hitters but their bowling was not likely up to the mark.
Pakistan: Babar Azam (c), Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Haider Ali, Shan Masood, Iftikhar Ahmed, Khushdil Shah, Mohammad Nawaz, Shadab Khan/Usman Qadir, Haris Rauf, Shahnawaz Dahani, Mohammad Hasnain
England: Alex Hales, Philip Salt (wk), Will Jacks, Ben Duckett, Harry Brook, Moeen Ali (c), Sam Curran, Liam Dawson, Reece Topley, David Willey/Olly Stone, Adil Rashid
England offers to host bilateral Pakistan-India ... 07:53 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
LAHORE – England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) has offered to host a bilateral Test series between arch-rivals ...
20 September – 1st T20I, Karachi
22 September – 2nd T20I, Karachi
23 September – 3rd T20I, Karachi
25 September – 4th T20I, Karachi
28 September – 5th T20I, Lahore
30 September – 6th T20I, Lahore
2 October – 7th T20I, Lahore
- Lieutenant General #FaizHameed resigns a day before #PakistanArmy's ...09:44 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Security forces kill 10 militants including TTP commander in ...09:13 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:39 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 29 November 202208:24 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Dua Lipa secures Albanian citizenship08:19 PM | 28 Nov, 2022
- Katrina Kaif falls prey to 'Mera Dil Yeh Pukare Aaja' virus07:12 PM | 28 Nov, 2022
- Yashma Gill dances her heart out at wedding ceremony10:43 PM | 28 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022
- India falls behind Pakistan, Myanmar in Global Hunger Index02:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2022