Terrorism, progress can't go together, says COAS Bajwa on SWA visit
COAS General Bajwa was briefed about stabilisation operations and progress of fencing along Pak-Afghan border in Waziristan at Angoor Adda. He appreciated quality and speed of work, said Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) in a statement.
Gen Bajwa thanked local tribal elders for their support and cooperation for the security forces.
COAS visited South Waziristan. Briefed about stabilisation operations and progress of fencing along Pak-Afg Border in Waziristan at Angoor Adda. COAS appreciated quality and speed of work. pic.twitter.com/3gsYcS2hSK— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) August 29, 2018
He said, “Peace has largely returned, however, few IED incidents have recently taken place in North Waziristan. No conflict ends through kinetic operations alone. There is always a post operations rehabilitation and development effort.”
The army chief said that while stability operations continue alongside border fencing, progress on socio-economic prong is also gaining momentum. The same shall get more attention through the implementation of merger measures.
The COAS asked all concerned especially the local population to remain vigilant as the main stakeholder to retain the attained peace and stability in the area by safeguarding the environment from inimical forces who are eyeing to reverse the gains.
Gen Bajwa said that the suggestions offered by tribal elders are valid and most of these are already included in the mid to long-term development plan of the government.
The tribal elders thanked COAS for the restoration of peace in the area, the merger of FATA into KP and ongoing efforts for socio-economic development in the area. They also assured COAS for their unflinching support to security forces and the State.
They highlighted the requirement for additional communication infrastructure, electricity, water, educational institutions and upgraded cellular network facilities.
Commander Peshawar Corps and IGFC KP (South) were also present.
- ‘Essentials of Modern/New Marketing’ book by Kotler Impact Inc. ...11:12 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- TikTok star Marvi Chaudhry booked in Islamabad man’s murder case10:50 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- UN speech — PM Imran cautions world against rising tide of ...09:27 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- PM Imran reaffirms Pakistan’s unwavering support to Afghan peace ...08:58 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Faisal Iqbal cleared to rejoin Balochistan cricket team08:20 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani celebrities offer their respects to Dean Jones04:27 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Nimra Ali: Pakistan's new social media sensation04:08 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Demi Lovato and Max Ehrich break up 2 months after engagement11:33 AM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020