Pakistan Army troops restoring traffic flow in rain-hit Karachi amid relief efforts
KARACHI - Rescue and Relief activities by Pakistan Army and Pakistan Navy is underway in Karachi, which is suffering after heavy rain fall caused urban flooding, power outage, and disruption to traffic flow.
According to Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR), Shahrah-e-Faisal and COD underpass have been cleared for traffic by army engineers while efforts are underway to clear KPT underpass.
Army mobile recovery vehicle is shifting vehicles left stranded by heavy rainfall and troops are removing other hurdles on roads to maintain traffic flow.
The military’s media wing further said that mobile teams are distributing ration and other items of basic necessity to people while process of dewatering affected areas is also underway.
With the cooperation of civil administration, 32 emergency medical camps and 56 relief camps have been set up in different areas of Karachi.
Cooked food is being provided to people stranded in affected areas after rains, it said, adding that three army field medical centres have been established in Qayyumabad, Sirjani and Saadi Town.
The ISPR further said that army doctors and medical staff are providing medical facilities to people.
- Pakistan to create tech-based farms to promote exports11:04 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan’s UN envoy Munir intensified efforts to accomplish ...09:57 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- PAMI elects Prof Dr. Chaudhry Abdul Rehman as new president08:50 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Nawaz Sharif finally joins Twitter to stay connected with Pakistanis07:53 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- US Supreme Court Justice Ruth dies at 8707:42 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Queen Elizabeth strips disgraced Harvey Weinstein of top royal honour02:43 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Asim Abbasi apologises for copying French artist Malika Favre's work ...02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy roped in to co-direct a Marvel film01:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020