US reports first coronavirus death in Washington state
WASHINGTON – A person has died in Washington state of the new coronavirus, state health officials said - making it the first reported death in the United States.
It's the first confirmed death from the coronavirus in the United States.
Further details were not immediately available. Health officials have scheduled a press conference for 1 p.m. local time (4 p.m. ET).
On Friday, the World Health Organization (WHO) warned that the spread of the virus is "getting bigger". More than 85,000 people have been infected worldwide.
Despite the global spread, the US has lagged in testing people who showed symptoms of the disease. Until this week, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had only tested people who had traveled to one of the most affected areas or had been in close contact with someone who had been diagnosed with the disease.
- COVID19: Pakistan confirms 50 deaths; Coronavirus cases reach 3,27710:01 AM | 6 Apr, 2020
- PM Boris Johnson in London hospital over coronavirus symptoms09:46 AM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Punjab bans unregistered philanthropic events during coronavirus ...08:44 AM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Pakistan Railways to resume train services from April 1508:28 AM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Three soldiers dead, 5 freedom fighters martyred in Indian-Controlled ...11:46 PM | 5 Apr, 2020
- Jennifer Aniston gifts coronavirus-positive nurse a $10,000 ...04:28 PM | 5 Apr, 2020
- Nadia Jamil is in good health after her breast cancer surgery04:08 PM | 5 Apr, 2020
- American singer Pink reveals she tested positive for coronavirus03:59 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019