US reports first coronavirus death in Washington state
WASHINGTON – A person has died in Washington state of the new coronavirus, state health officials said - making it the first reported death in the United States.
It's the first confirmed death from the coronavirus in the United States.
Further details were not immediately available. Health officials have scheduled a press conference for 1 p.m. local time (4 p.m. ET).
On Friday, the World Health Organization (WHO) warned that the spread of the virus is "getting bigger". More than 85,000 people have been infected worldwide.
Despite the global spread, the US has lagged in testing people who showed symptoms of the disease. Until this week, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had only tested people who had traveled to one of the most affected areas or had been in close contact with someone who had been diagnosed with the disease.
- Pakistan Army pays tribute to Major Muhammad Akram Shaheed on his ...09:11 AM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...08:23 AM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 05 December 202008:14 AM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Pakistan among top 10 worst-affected countries on Global Terrorism ...12:05 AM | 5 Dec, 2020
- China becomes world's second nation to plant flag on Moon11:37 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Court trashes Mubashir Lucman’s petition against TikTok stars ...12:11 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Who's this girl Shahveer Jafry 'getting engaged to'?11:55 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Aseefa Bhutto's 'great debut' reminds Pakistan of Benazir08:46 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020