Shanghai to set up bankruptcy court
The news was revealed by Liu Xiaoyun, president of the Shanghai Higher People's Court, during the ongoing annual session of the municipal legislature.
Liu did not disclose more details about the court.
Zhu Zhengwei, a Shanghai legislator and chairman of Shanghai Lijin Economic and Trade Co. Ltd. said the court could improve efficiency in handling bankruptcy cases.
On Jan 14, Shenzhen set up a bankruptcy court to primarily handle companies' bankruptcy and compulsory liquidation cases and cross-border bankruptcy cases.
Chinese courts received 9,542 new cases concerning corporate bankruptcy in 2017, an increase of 68.4 percent compared with the previous year, according to the Supreme People's Court.
During the same period, 6,257 corporate bankruptcy cases were concluded by the courts, up 73.7 percent year on year.
- ILT20: 24 UAE players announced for the inaugural edition01:42 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan Women's football team camp begins in Lahore01:20 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Abid Riaz off to Dubai to attend AIBA meeting12:55 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- MP Black, Remington qualify for Corps Commander Polo Cup main final12:31 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Waqar, Nasir Iqbal breeze into Combaxx 1st CNS All Pakistan Squash ...12:11 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Dananeer and Khushhal gear up for a new TV project09:41 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Another Indian actress quits showbiz to embrace Islamic lifestyle11:12 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Ranbir Kapoor hopes to work with Pakistani artists in future11:30 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list? ...10:48 AM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Top 10 most searched people on Google in Pakistan in 202206:07 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan's first female Supreme Court judge earns place in BBC '100 ...01:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022