Govt announces when New Islamabad Airport will finally start being used
The actual date for completion was supposed to be 25 December, 2015. However, six to eight additional months will be required to check if the airport systems are fully functional.
Rs 3 billion has been allocated by the federal government under the Public Sector Development Programme (PSDP) for the construction of a road network in and around the new airport. The National Highway Authority (NHA) has also started laying down roads to the airport.
NIIA will support the landing and parking of the biggest passenger carrying aircraft A-380.
According to the Planning Commission, the airport was initially slated to cost Rs. 38bn, but will now cost Rs. 81 bn.
- Pakistan's President House certified as world’s first presidency to ...10:26 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reports drop in COVID cases with 893 new infections09:37 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:13 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Petrol price crosses Rs137 per litre as govt announces new rates08:55 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Saba Qamar drops the first look from upcoming project 'Serial Killer'04:47 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat expresses love for Jennifer Lopez04:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Alizeh Shah's gorgeous bridal shoot wins hearts03:27 PM | 15 Oct, 2021