Pashtuns on both sides cannot be separated by visas, passports: Afghan Consul General
"We [Pashtuns] are brothers, with one language, and even though certain difficulties may have arisen [in the relationship between Pashtuns on both sides], we cannot be kept apart through visa and passport requirements," he said.
He also criticized the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa police and administration for the recent crackdown on registered and non-registered Afghan refugees, which gained momentum after fighting broke out at the Torkham border between border forces on both sides.
Explaining the processes in place for authorized travel to Afghanistan, the Afghan envoy assured Pakistanis of easy and fast-track processing of their visa applications, especially those Pashtuns with family members and businesses on the other side of the border.
He also said that the maximum time for processing visa applications for travel to Afghanistan was 40 days.
- Prisoners granted 90-day remission on Eid Milad-un-Nabi04:13 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Man raped youngest daughter after master ‘told him to have sex with ...03:18 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Nora Fatehi, Jacqueline Fernandez summoned again in money laundering ...11:30 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021