School director lynched by a mob in India
The director of Devendra Prasad Singh school was mercilessly beaten with sticks by a group in Nalanda district, reported Times of India.
The director, Devendra Prasad Singh succumbed to his injuries during treatment at Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH), said police, adding, "an autopsy will be carried out to ascertain exact cause of Singh's death."
Earlier, bodies of Ravi Kumar and Sagar Kumar, students of grade IV and II respectively, at Singh's school were fished out from the canal.
Villagers alleged the students were killed by the teachers in a fit of rage. They vandalized the school campus and set ablaze two rooms and two school vehicles.
Poice said they were investigating the case, adding that there was no evidence the teachers were involved in the students' deaths.
- Coronavirus claims 8 more lives in Pakistan, infects 377 in a day09:28 AM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:08 AM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 02 December 202108:39 AM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan proclaims new law to protect rights of journalists10:57 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Lt Gen Sarfraz Ali formally installed as Colonel Commandant of Azad ...09:07 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Aijaz Aslam's father passes away07:04 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Sarah Khan and Falak Shabir's new romantic video goes viral05:23 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Syra Yousuf spills the beans about co-parenting and divorce06:29 PM | 1 Dec, 2021