Only two toilets for 15,000 India rail passengers
Almost 15,000 passengers, 30 trains navigate five platforms of the station. The need for more toilets has been brought to the notice of senior officials but in vain, the Times of India reported.
"Officials have created VIP rooms and lounges and are soon going to construct escalators while continuing talk about other big projects; but they have failed to provide a decent public toilet for passengers. Authorities should come up with more number of pay-and-use toilets at platforms," said president of Indore-Ujjain Passenger Association, Praveen Mehendale.
Only two platforms; 4 and 5, have the toilet facility.
Ravi Kriplani, a frequent traveller, said, "I arrive early many times but I hardly ever find a place to freshen up. There is not a single public toilet on platforms 3 and 4 from where I can catch my train".
Admitting that there weren't enough toilets, station manager Rajvir Gopinathan said, "We have chalked out plans for pay-and-use toilets inside railway station.”
- Naya Saal, Nae Azam with Habib Oil Mills11:06 AM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Mortal remains of Pakistani man killed in UAE attack arrives in ...10:46 AM | 21 Jan, 2022
- China, Russia and Iran launch joint drills in Indian Ocean10:22 AM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan and India meet again as ICC announces fixtures for T20 World ...09:44 AM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s daily Covid cases pass 7000-mark for first time09:22 AM | 21 Jan, 2022
- ‘Video’ of PSL 2022 anthem featuring Atif Aslam, Aima Baig leaked ...09:10 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- ‘Bismillah’ – Sharmila Faruqui files cybercrime complaint ...06:49 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- 'Kana Yaari' – Coke Studio's hijabi rapper Eva B wins hearts07:31 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021