Only two toilets for 15,000 India rail passengers
Almost 15,000 passengers, 30 trains navigate five platforms of the station. The need for more toilets has been brought to the notice of senior officials but in vain, the Times of India reported.
"Officials have created VIP rooms and lounges and are soon going to construct escalators while continuing talk about other big projects; but they have failed to provide a decent public toilet for passengers. Authorities should come up with more number of pay-and-use toilets at platforms," said president of Indore-Ujjain Passenger Association, Praveen Mehendale.
Only two platforms; 4 and 5, have the toilet facility.
Ravi Kriplani, a frequent traveller, said, "I arrive early many times but I hardly ever find a place to freshen up. There is not a single public toilet on platforms 3 and 4 from where I can catch my train".
Admitting that there weren't enough toilets, station manager Rajvir Gopinathan said, "We have chalked out plans for pay-and-use toilets inside railway station.”
- Pakistan joins Digital Cooperation Organisation as founding member11:58 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- COVID-19 — Pakistan bans in-flight meal service on domestic flights11:39 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nawaz 'was given rat-contaminated food in Kot Lakhpat Jail'10:46 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- BISE Lahore announces Inter Part-2 Exam Result – Here's how to check10:26 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Urwa Hocane's father responds to 'separation' with Farhan Saeed07:25 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Nabeel Zuberi takes lead role in Aulaad05:29 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat surprised by secret admirer (VIDEO)05:21 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020