Only two toilets for 15,000 India rail passengers
Almost 15,000 passengers, 30 trains navigate five platforms of the station. The need for more toilets has been brought to the notice of senior officials but in vain, the Times of India reported.
"Officials have created VIP rooms and lounges and are soon going to construct escalators while continuing talk about other big projects; but they have failed to provide a decent public toilet for passengers. Authorities should come up with more number of pay-and-use toilets at platforms," said president of Indore-Ujjain Passenger Association, Praveen Mehendale.
Only two platforms; 4 and 5, have the toilet facility.
Ravi Kriplani, a frequent traveller, said, "I arrive early many times but I hardly ever find a place to freshen up. There is not a single public toilet on platforms 3 and 4 from where I can catch my train".
Admitting that there weren't enough toilets, station manager Rajvir Gopinathan said, "We have chalked out plans for pay-and-use toilets inside railway station.”
- #JusticeforChuck – Protest against animal abuse, killings in Lahore ...07:02 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Foodpanda riders and KFC staff brawl goes viral06:27 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- PM Imran terms Shaukat Khanum hospital in Karachi biggest, most ...06:09 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Indian farmers reject BJP-led govt’s offer to suspend controversial ...05:56 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat’s spouse Tuba sizzles in new photoshoot03:44 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Jamal Shah awarded France's Ordre des Arts et des Lettres02:55 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021