Pakistani artist shortlisted for 2018 BMW Art Journey
Ali Kazim is among the three shortlisted persons - Berlin-based Zac Langdon-Pole, Los Angeles-based Gala Porras-Kim - who have been selected from Art Basel Hong Kong's Discoveries section.
Kazim forms multi-layered compositions to create uniquely textured paintings that include elements of narrative and fantasy. He works meticulously in watercolour and graphite, using techniques acquired from studying the watercolour wash and miniature painting techniques of the Bengal and Mughal schools.
The artist presented an immersive installation that draws a primary inspiration from the landscape around his hometown of Lahore in Art Basel. Kazim will participate in the 9th Asia Pacific Triennial of Contemporary Art, opening in November 2018 in Brisbane.
Alongside Kazim the Berlin-based artist Zac Langdon-Pole (Michael Lett, Auckland, New Zealand) and the Los Angeles-based artist Gala Porras-Kim (Commonwealth and Council, Los Angeles). Each artist will be invited to submit a proposal for an art project that involves a journey to anywhere in the world.
The three shortlisted artists are now invited to develop a proposal for their ideal journey, with the winner to be announced in early summer 2018.
- Govt will ensure Pakistan fulfills its enormous maritime potential, ...01:22 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Private schools in KP reopened after five months closure12:14 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Toshakhana reference: Nawaz challenges NAB's summoning in IHC11:37 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- COAS, Bill Gates discuss Pakistan's Covid-19 response, resumption of ...10:59 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Momina Mustehsan, Muneeb Butt call out Kangana Ranaut for spreading ...05:43 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- FIR lodged against Saba Qamar and Bilal Saeed05:09 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- Abida Parveen, Ali Zafar and Humayun Saeed among others honoured ...04:39 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020