Pakistan observes Fatima Jinnah’s 52nd death anniversary
KARACHI - The 52nd death anniversary of Madr e Millat, Miss. Fatima Jinnah, the younger sister and close comrade of Quaid e Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah are being observed on Tuesday(today).
Miss Jinnah had passed away on July 9, 1967 in Karachi soon after spearheading an election campaign in both the eastern and western wings of the country.
Masses had and still hold her in high esteem for her contribution to Pakistan Movement and also leading the people to head on towards their much-cherished dream of strong democratic norms and culture in the country established through the power of votes.
Pakistanis remember the great lady on her 52nd death anniversary, paid tribute on social media:
Remembering Mohtrama Fatima Jinnah on her death anniversary. Her role firstly by the side of our beloved Quaid-i-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah during the freedom struggle and then to uphold democracy was iconic and legendary. Her rich legacy will continue to guide our journey.— Shehbaz Sharif (@CMShehbaz) July 9, 2019
The iron lady, who stood with her brother to create this country ! We have not forgotten her nor her sacrifices for this sacred land.— Zaid Hamid (@ZaidZamanHamid) July 9, 2019
May Allah bless her soul and allow us to complete the mission she started with her brother..
Recite Fatiha..#FatimaJinnah #TakmeelePakistan pic.twitter.com/urEaIFmOdb
Today is 52nd anniversary of Fatima Jinnah, iconic yet under-appreciated figure of our history. Was instrumental in running affairs of the Muslim League. Also championed the cause of democracy by fearlessly challenging General Ayub Khan's brutal dictatorship. #FatimaJinnah pic.twitter.com/fUDpm0kmTB— Ammar Ali Jan (@ammaralijan) July 9, 2019
Quran Khawani is being held at the graveyard located on the premises of Quaid e Azam's mausoleum. Also, different organizations also plan to arrange seminars to pay tribute to the first of the women leaders of the country.
- Pakistan surpasses 240,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,983 confirmed ...04:23 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Madar-e-Millat Fatima Jinnah remembered on death anniversary03:51 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran opens Islamabad infectious diseases hospital built in just ...02:53 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Celebrate Eid-ul-Azha with simplicity amid COVID-19 crisis, PM Imran ...02:24 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Asim Azhar's 'Jo Tu Na Mila' is a copy of Studio Ghibli production's ...02:04 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Beyonce is an Italian, not African-American, US politician claims01:24 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020