Pakistan observes Fatima Jinnah’s 52nd death anniversary
KARACHI - The 52nd death anniversary of Madr e Millat, Miss. Fatima Jinnah, the younger sister and close comrade of Quaid e Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah are being observed on Tuesday(today).
Miss Jinnah had passed away on July 9, 1967 in Karachi soon after spearheading an election campaign in both the eastern and western wings of the country.
Masses had and still hold her in high esteem for her contribution to Pakistan Movement and also leading the people to head on towards their much-cherished dream of strong democratic norms and culture in the country established through the power of votes.
Pakistanis remember the great lady on her 52nd death anniversary, paid tribute on social media:
Remembering Mohtrama Fatima Jinnah on her death anniversary. Her role firstly by the side of our beloved Quaid-i-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah during the freedom struggle and then to uphold democracy was iconic and legendary. Her rich legacy will continue to guide our journey.— Shehbaz Sharif (@CMShehbaz) July 9, 2019
The iron lady, who stood with her brother to create this country ! We have not forgotten her nor her sacrifices for this sacred land.— Zaid Hamid (@ZaidZamanHamid) July 9, 2019
May Allah bless her soul and allow us to complete the mission she started with her brother..
Recite Fatiha..#FatimaJinnah #TakmeelePakistan pic.twitter.com/urEaIFmOdb
Today is 52nd anniversary of Fatima Jinnah, iconic yet under-appreciated figure of our history. Was instrumental in running affairs of the Muslim League. Also championed the cause of democracy by fearlessly challenging General Ayub Khan's brutal dictatorship. #FatimaJinnah pic.twitter.com/fUDpm0kmTB— Ammar Ali Jan (@ammaralijan) July 9, 2019
Quran Khawani is being held at the graveyard located on the premises of Quaid e Azam's mausoleum. Also, different organizations also plan to arrange seminars to pay tribute to the first of the women leaders of the country.
- Rangers troops deployed in Lahore after lawyers ransack hospital11:30 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran becomes world's fifth most influential leader on Twitter in ...10:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Dozens arrested in crackdown after lawyers storm PIC Lahore08:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Key officials from Russia, Britain meet Pakistan's army chief07:19 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Beyoncé & Kelly Rowland were sexually harassed as teens by Jagged ...06:57 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Ed Sheeran declared as the UK’s artist of the decade06:26 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019