China disapproves FATF’s politicisation to blacklist Pakistan
BEIJING – Reiterating its support to Pakistan at the FATF platform, China has categorically announced that it did not want the forum to be politicized as some countries are pursuing their political agenda in a bid to blacklist Pakistan.
Talking to a group of visiting Pakistani journalists in Beijing, Deputy Director General for Policy Planning of Asian Affair in the Chinese Foreign Ministry, Yao Wen said China stood with Pakistan and blocked any attempt to include Pakistan in the blacklist.
Yao Wen said the Financial Action Task Force is not meant to put any country in the blacklist, rather to support it to take action against terror financing.
About the recent visit of Chinese President to India, he said the Chinese president conveyed Pakistan’s concerns to Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi over current development in the Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir.
He said India was told that Pakistan did not want war with it and desired to resolve the Kashmir issue through peaceful means.
He welcomed establishing of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor Authority by Pakistan that would help expedite work on CPEC projects.
- Pakistan’s first underground water reservoir system starts launched ...10:12 PM | 13 Jul, 2020
- NA adopts resolution for teaching Holy Quran with translation in ...10:08 PM | 13 Jul, 2020
- Punjab set to launch 20 mobile ‘Arazi’ centers for far flung areas10:00 PM | 13 Jul, 2020
- Pakistani Ambassador Naghmana Hashmi leaves China ahead of retirement09:41 PM | 13 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan's imports from China fell sharply in 11 months09:12 PM | 13 Jul, 2020
- Esra Bilgic trolled for wearing an ‘inappropriate’ outfit06:58 PM | 13 Jul, 2020
- Shoaib Akhtar, Shahid Afridi wish the Bachchan family a speedy ...02:11 PM | 13 Jul, 2020
- Malala Yousafzai turns 2301:48 PM | 13 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020