PM Imran announces Rs370b development package for Gilgit-Baltistan
GILGIT – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Friday announced a development package worth Rs370 billion for Gilgit-Baltistan.
Addressing the ceremony in Gilgit, Prime Minister Imran Khan said it was the first time that such a big amount would be used for the development of this beautiful region.
The premier said the development package envisages hydel power generation and transmission projects, connectivity projects for tourism, youth skill and scholarship program, up-gradation of health system and water and sanitation projects.
“We will also support the development of small and medium enterprises in the area besides focusing on expansion of its infrastructure. It will be our effort to enable Gilgit airport receive international flights,” he added.
Highlighting the immense and diverse tourism potential of Gilgit-Baltistan, the Prime Minister said this development package will prepare the region to attract the tourists which will benefit not only the local people but the whole country. He was confident that exploiting GB’s tourism potential will make it self-reliant.
He however emphasized the need for promotion of tourism in a planned manner to cultivate its true benefits. He said the tourism in the region should not affect the forests and the mountains. He said the introduction of local government system in the region will help take forward the region.
The Prime Minister reaffirmed his commitment to transform the country by waging a successful struggle against the corrupt mafia. He said it is the first time that this mafia is being brought under the ambit of law.
PM Imran voted ‘Personality of Week’ for ... 09:37 AM | 30 Apr, 2021
Prime Minister Imran Khan has been voted "Personality of the Week" by the Al-Jazeera weekly program "Sibaq-ul-Akhbar" ...
- Nawal Saeed melts hearts with new sizzling photos in saree11:10 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Michael Weisz’s YieldStreet faces litigation of over £100 million10:48 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Asad Zaman makes into Punjab Junior Tennis quarterfinals10:20 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- DG ISPR, Information minister review Pakistan's diamond jubilee ...09:54 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- In telephone call with Blinken, FM Bilawal reiterates commitment for ...09:29 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Nora Fatehi’s new video of playing cricket in saree goes viral06:06 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Fia Khan’s new bold pregnancy photoshoot with family goes viral05:18 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Dolly’s new TikTok video goes viral03:42 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022