Asian Development Bank to provide $197.85m for Sindh Roads Improvement Project
A signing ceremony in this regard was held in the federal capital which was witnessed by Finance Minister Senator Ishaq Dar.
The loan agreement was signed by ADB's Country Director Werner E. Liepach and Secretary Economic Affairs Division Tariq Bajwa on behalf of Pakistan government.
Talking to media on the occasion, the finance minister said this was a concessionary loan being provided by the ADB and it would hold even less than one per cent spread. He thanked ADB for providing vital support to Pakistan particularly in the transport, energy and irrigation sectors.
The project would help in rehabilitation and upgradation of roads in Sindh, particularly in Sanghar, Mirpur Khas, Badin, and Kashmore districts.
In addition, it would also serve to strengthen the institutional capacity of Sindh government's Works and Services Department in project management, road planning and maintenance as well as in ensuring road safety, Ishaq Dar added.
Liepach on the occasion said the bidding process of the projects would start soon and by the end of the year the construction work of projects would be initiated.
- Peshawar boy, accused of 'sextorting’ US girl, also hacked Snapchat ...01:46 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Pink Ribbon set to augment Breast Cancer Awareness in Oct12:34 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Eight ‘terrorists’ planning attacks arrested in Punjab12:12 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- FM Qureshi apprises UN president, secretary general about human ...11:51 AM | 25 Sep, 2021
- TikTok star Jannat Mirza's new video takes internet by storm03:46 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Indian song 'Mehendi' is a copy of iconic Pakistani song 'Gagar'03:46 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Firdous Jamal's comments about Mahira Khan, Osman Khalid trigger ...03:24 PM | 24 Sep, 2021