Shahbaz Sharif's Model Town camp office de-notified
A notification issued by the CM office and signed by Special Secretary to Chief Minister Punjab Syed Waseem Raza Jaffery, said that the 'The Competent Authority has desired that 180-H. Model Town Lahore may please be de-notified as ‘Chief Minister’s Camp Office’, with immediate effect'.
The house was declared as Chief Minister camp office in 2011.
The move was taken after a written complaint by Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf candidate for NA-120, Dr Yasmin Rashid who moved Returning Officer Muhammad Shahid accusing Maryam Nawaz Sharif and federal ministers of utilizing the CM camp office for election campaigning.
According to the Election Commission of Pakistan’s rules, no public office can be used for campaigning in the NA-120 by-polls.
It bears mentioning that the Model Town residence is the ancestral home of Sharif family and former premier Nawaz Sharif also resided there before moving to his Jati Umrah residence.
- Saudi FM informs Pakistan’s Qureshi about challenges of organising ...09:08 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- In a historic first, people with mental illness allowed to open a ...07:58 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Finance Minister Shaukat Tarin ‘to run for Senate’07:15 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Quetta Gladiators win toss, opt bowling against Peshawar ...06:41 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Saudi Arabia cancels Hajj for international pilgrims over COVID-19 ...06:11 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Sonali Bendre proudly shares transformation on Cancer Survivors’ Day05:51 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Waseem Abbas reflects on Mahira Khan-Firdous Jamal controversy04:44 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shah Rukh Khan gets back to work for 'Pathan' shooting04:20 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021