Business community agrees to increase tax revenue in a meeting with PM Imran
ISLAMABAD – All the major Chambers of Commerce of the country have expressed satisfaction over the government’s pro-business policies and the steps taken for ease of doing business.
The satisfaction was expressed at a meeting between Prime Minister Imran Khan and the Presidents of all the main Chambers of Commerce in Islamabad.
The government and the business community also agreed to devise a strategy with mutual consultation to increase tax revenue.
Emphasising industrial development for economic progress of the country, the Prime Minister said the government is providing incentives to industries for enhancing exports.
Imran Khan said reforms are underway to improve tax system, and consultation with all stakeholders will accelerate this process. The Prime Minister directed the Federal Ministers to remain in contact with all stakeholders and hold regular meetings with them to listen to their problems and proposals. He said after providing facilities to industrialists and the business community, the government is now focused to resolve issues through mutual consultations.
پاکستان کے تمام بڑے چیمبرز آف کامرس کا حکومت کی کاروبار دوست پالیسیوں اور Ease of doing Business کیلئے اٹھائے گئے اقدامات پر مکمل اعتماد کا اظہار اور حکومت و کاروباری برادری کا مشاورت سے ٹیکس ریونیو بڑھانے کی حکمتِ عملی مرتب کرنے پر اتفاق pic.twitter.com/nOHs6jdpGA— Prime Minister's Office, Pakistan (@PakPMO) July 30, 2021
They also lauded the government’s initiative to directly listen to the proposals of the business community for the first time and also pointed out hurdles in the business for a gulf between the government and the business community in the past.
The participants of the meeting appreciated the Prime Minister and his economic team for attaining four percent GDP growth despite Covid-19, fifteen percent increase in large scale manufacturing, incentives for export industry and removal of hurdles, incentives for small and medium enterprises by the State Bank of Pakistan, and providing the business community opportunity to benefit from trade potential of Uzbekistan.
شرکاء نے پہلی دفعہ کاروباری برادری کے مسائل کے حل کیلئے ان کی تجاویز براہِ راست سننے کے حکومتی اقدام کو بھی سراہا اور ماضی میں اس طرح کے کسی اقدام کی موجودگی نہ ہونے کی وجہ سے حکومت و کاروباری برادری کے مابین موجود خلیج سے ملک میں کاروبار کی راہ میں حائل رکاوٹوں کا بھی ذکر کیا.— Prime Minister's Office, Pakistan (@PakPMO) July 30, 2021
- Cuba opposes Israeli agenda at UN, observes a minute of silence to ...01:27 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- PMLN’s Zubair Umar finally breaks silence on video leak scandal12:31 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Jinnah’s statue destroyed by BLF militants in Gwadar’s Marine ...11:51 AM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Oldest Pakistan Army veteran Lt-Col (r) Sultan Mengal breathes his ...11:22 AM | 27 Sep, 2021
- LIVE – PM Imran addressing at groundbreaking ceremony of KCR ...10:49 AM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Mashal Khan breaks silence on receiving acid attack threats01:35 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Atif Aslam, Mahira Khan’s much-awaited music video released01:00 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Air ambulance for ailing Umer Sharif to reach Karachi tomorrow07:02 PM | 25 Sep, 2021