At least 7 paramilitary officials killed in Naxal attack in India
According to Indian media, Naxals carried out deadly landmine targeting Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) vehicle in insurgency-hit Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh.
The Maoist looted the truck of weapons after exploding the mine which left a massive four-foot crater in the road. The truck was blown to pieces.
The blast left a huge crater in the ground and ripped apart the vehicle.
Director General Police Chhattisgarh Ajay Chandrakar said "Seven jawans (officers) of the CRPF were killed.”
They said the troops belonged to the 230th battalion of the force deployed in south Bastar area for anti-Naxal operations.
Dantewada, part of the mineral rich Bastar region, has long been a Naxal stronghold.
- Coronavirus: Pakistan reports 1,920 new cases, 46 deaths10:20 AM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Live Open Market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...08:55 AM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 18 January 202108:34 AM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan condemns assassination of Afghan women judges in Kabul12:00 AM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Intrigue Grows as Celebrities and Influencers Upload Pictures with ...03:45 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021