Customs court rejects plea for inquiry in Ayyan’s case
The Custom's counsel Aun Muhammad had asked the court that according to Custom Act 2010 amount earned through illegal means falls under Money laundering Act, requesting the court to order an inquiry against Ayyan under the Act.
After hearing arguments from both sides, the court rejected the Custom counsel's application.
The court on March 24 had reserved the judgment.
Ayyan Ali was arrested by Custom officials on March 14 last year from Benazir Bhutto International Airport and $ 508,000 were recovered from her.
- All you need to know about new US president Biden’s inauguration ...08:42 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan's Tech minister welcomes Whatsapp decision to delay change ...08:27 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Online fraud! Indian journalist quits NDTV to take up unreal 'Harvard ...07:59 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Selena Gomez shares the reason behind calling out Mark Zuckerberg ...07:32 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan approves first COVID-19 vaccine for emergency use07:07 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Details of Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's wedding revealed03:58 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Zayn Malik croons Muhammad Rafi’s ‘Chaudhvin ka chand’ in new ...03:15 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- #2020InReview – Pakistan's initiatives in the year 202010:55 PM | 4 Jan, 2021