Sindh to pay unemployed labourers through mobile app
KARACHI - The Sindh government has decided to pay out of work daily wage laborers through a mobile wallet application during the to coronavirus lockdown time period.
According to Samaa TV, the money will be given against their CNIC number and people will be able to get their money by showing their ID card and phone at mobile shops.
For this, requests for registration are being submitted and the government has asked NADRA, the FIA, FBR and State Bank for help verifying them.
As per rules and regulations, people who have traveled abroad, except for Hajj or pilgrimages, will not be entitled to this money. Those with over Rs10,000 in their bank accounts won’t be eligible for this scheme either.
Since the lockdown began in Sindh, daily wage workers have been out of jobs. The government promised to provide them with rations.
The PPP govt-led province has reported 502 known cases of the coronavirus as of Sunday night, with three deaths.
- Heavy rains likely in parts of country from Thursday11:48 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Pakistan condemns start of temple construction at Babri Mosque site ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Trump offers to mediate standoff between China, India09:45 PM | 27 May, 2020
- India may lose T20 World Cup 2021 hosting rights over tax issues08:51 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Petrol prices likely to go down by Rs5-10 in Pakistan07:33 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Anoushey receives Eid wishes from 'Ertugrul' – VIDEO04:35 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Nadia Jamil’s best friend goes bald to support her03:55 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Asim Azhar releases his version of Bollywood song Humraah02:34 PM | 27 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020