Israel PM Netanyahu's wife faces probe for public funds misuse
Prosecutors are expected to review the evidence and decide whether to indict her, the UPI reported on Sunday.
The Netenyahu family, however, denies any wrongdoing.
Responding to the news, the family said: "Contrary to reports, Mrs. Netanyahu did not commit any offense. The various claims that come up in the media will prove baseless, as will all other claims that were raised against the Netanyahu family over the years."
Evidence was also reportedly found against two other suspects - Ezra Seidoff, a top deputy in the prime minister's office, and electrician Avi Fahima, the Jerusalem Post reported.
Israeli police turned over their investigative findings to district prosecutors who will make the call on whether to proceed with an indictment.
Police are recommending charges against Sara Netanyahu, including aggravated fraudulent receipt on three separate counts. In one case, they recommended the indictment of Netanyahu for allegedly misusing state funds for private family entertainment, by charging the expense of food and private chefs for family events to the prime minister's residence
In another case, police recommend Netanyahu be indicted in relation to the employment of a caregiver for her father, Haaretz reported. The investigation reportedly revealed that Netanyahu paid the expenses for a live-in caregiver for her father using money meant to run the prime minister's residence.
In a third case, evidence was produced to indict three people: Sara Netanyahu, Ezra Saidoff, the deputy director general of the prime minister's office and Avi Fahima, a former Likud Central Committee member who has been close to the prime minister for years and who worked for the Israeli premier at the Caesarea residence while he was out of office.
- Mirza Ishtiaq Baig included in PML-N’s economic advisory council06:12 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Canadian vlogger Rosie Gabrielle wants everyone to know that Pakistan ...05:53 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- GSV overwhelmed by PFL franchise bids from around the world05:43 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- SBP increases interest rate by 25 basis points05:16 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- TikTok star Jannat Mirza's new video goes viral04:35 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Hareem Shah unveils the face of her lover in latest post04:15 PM | 20 Sep, 2021