VIDEO: German lawmaker hit with chocolate cake over anti-migrant comments
A group calling itself "Anti-Fascist Initiative 'Cake for Misanthropists'" distributed flyers pointing to Wagenknecht's refugee comments as the motive.
The cake attack was supplemented by other protesters throwing leaflets all over the place. A security detail took party members away, while Wagenknecht was quickly surrounded by fellow party members, who covered her with their jackets in front of the cameras and escorted the MP out of the hall.
"This is an assault not only on Sahra, but an assault on us all," Die Linke's party chief Katja Kipping told the convention shortly after the cake attack.
Earlier in January, Wagenknecht sparked criticism within her own party after she said that there are "limits to Germany's capacity" to take refugees. "We can't take one million or more refugees each year," she said.
The top party leader argued that migrants misuse their rights under what she called the "guest law."
- Mirza Ishtiaq Baig included in PML-N’s economic advisory council06:12 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Canadian vlogger Rosie Gabrielle wants everyone to know that Pakistan ...05:53 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- GSV overwhelmed by PFL franchise bids from around the world05:43 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- SBP increases interest rate by 25 basis points05:16 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Hareem Shah unveils the face of her lover in latest post04:15 PM | 20 Sep, 2021