VIDEO: German lawmaker hit with chocolate cake over anti-migrant comments
A group calling itself "Anti-Fascist Initiative 'Cake for Misanthropists'" distributed flyers pointing to Wagenknecht's refugee comments as the motive.
The cake attack was supplemented by other protesters throwing leaflets all over the place. A security detail took party members away, while Wagenknecht was quickly surrounded by fellow party members, who covered her with their jackets in front of the cameras and escorted the MP out of the hall.
"This is an assault not only on Sahra, but an assault on us all," Die Linke's party chief Katja Kipping told the convention shortly after the cake attack.
Earlier in January, Wagenknecht sparked criticism within her own party after she said that there are "limits to Germany's capacity" to take refugees. "We can't take one million or more refugees each year," she said.
The top party leader argued that migrants misuse their rights under what she called the "guest law."
- US train riders ‘held up phones as woman was raped’, could face ...01:45 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Here’s how Pakistan Navy detected and blocked Indian submarine from ...01:20 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Drone flies lungs between two hospitals for transplant patient in ...12:55 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- T-20 World Cup: Scotland beat Papua New Guinea by 17 runs12:13 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Kumail Nanjiani dressed up in a Pakistani designer at Eternals ...02:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new fashion look gets trolled by netizens05:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Alka Yagnik has the sweetest birthday wish for Imran Abbas05:10 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021