Polio drive suspended in Chaman amid clashes at Pak-Afghan border
PESHAWAR - District administration has suspended polio campaign scheduled to be launched today (Monday) for indefinite period due security reasons amid clashes at Pakistan-Afghanistan border.
Pakistan is one of the few countries in the world struggling for weeding out the crippling disease. The country has reported 81 polio cases in various cities in 2020 so far.
The situation on the Pak-Afghan border highway deteriorated on Monday again as protesters tried to reach the Bab-e-Dosti, causing clashes with security personnel.
Three people are in critical condition while four others injured in the clashes. Earlier today, a teenage boy was killed in the clashes.
Levies officials said that some miscreant present in protesters are firing shots.
Meanwhile, All Parties Tajir Ittehad had denied involvement in any demonstrations.
The protest stemmed yesterday after security forces seized goods from people crossing the border on foot with the goods.
- Turkish president launches welding of third corvette for Pakistan ...10:30 AM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan reports 48 Covid-19 deaths, 1,594 new infections in past 24 ...09:30 AM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Live Open Market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...08:56 AM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 24 January 202108:48 AM | 24 Jan, 2021
- US television host Larry King dies, aged 8708:59 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Urdu Mushaira held against #CannoliOwners outside Islamabad café07:51 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Meera reveals the date of her wedding; who is she marrying?05:32 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021