'Will send govt home,' vows Fazl as Azadi March heads to Islamabad
LAHORE – An anti-government rally led by the Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) on Wednesday left Lahore and moving towards Rawalpindi with an aim to send Prime Minister Imran Khan packing.
JUI-F chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman addressing the participants in Lahore said that the protest will certainly send the government home.
Appreciating the protesters for being peaceful, he highlighted that no one was harmed from Karachi to Lahore during the rally.
Earlier, Fazl addressing the rally in Multan stated that they will not step back as the ‘war has begun’. He reiterated that they are fighting a political war as there is a danger to the Constitution of Pakistan.
He also urged to the political elite to resign before the Azadi March reach the federal capital.
The participants of the JUI-F-led march from across the country will gather near Tarnol before entering Islamabad on October 31. The protest demonstration at the end of Azadi March will be held at Peshawar Morr in Islamabad, as it was agreed by the JUI-F in negotiations with the government.
- 10 patients die as lawyers’ protest intensifies at Lahore's Punjab ...01:37 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- IHC approves bail of Asif Ali Zardari on medical grounds12:50 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Meesha Shafi records her statement in harassment case12:39 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019