Pakistan confirms capturing of Indian soldier on Line of Control
Military officials from both sides confirmed the reports on Friday.
Earlier there were reports from Indian media that Pakistan had captured an Indian soldier on its side of Line of Control, as tensions escalated following a cross-border raid .
“It is confirmed one soldier from 37 Rashtriya Rifles with weapons has inadvertently crossed over to the Pakistan side of the Line of Control,” an Indian army official said in New Delhi.
He said such incidents of people including civilians crossing the frontier by mistake have happened in the past from both sides and those who strayed are returned, Reuters reported.
Indian Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Friday said that all attempts are being made to free 22-year-old soldier Chandu Babulal Chauhan from Pakistani captivity.
According to sources, Indian Army soldier is identified as Chandu Babulal Chohan, son of Bashan Chohan and resident of Maharashtra. -
- Pakistan reports 4,976 coronavirus cases, 112 deaths in 24 hours09:11 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 17 April 202108:35 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- T20 World Cup – India gives visa assurance for Pakistan team11:35 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- PCB congratulates Babar Azam-led team on achieving feats during South ...11:25 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan ministry helped me get out of US mental health facility: ...11:07 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Sajal Aly shares her all-time favourite click with Ahad Raza Mir06:58 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Hassan Ali pens birthday note for ‘beautiful wife’04:40 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor Khan gives insight into her weekend04:17 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021