Two British mountaineers rescued, 3 still missing on Koyo Zom peak in KP
CHITRAL – Pakistani rescue team have rescued two British mountaineers while three others, along with a guide, are trapped and awaiting rescue at the Koyo Zom peak in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
As per local media reports, five mountaineers from the UK, along with a local guide, went missing in a bid to scale the Khoya peak near Brogil in Upper Chitral on Sunday.
The rescued climbers, identified as William Taylor Sim and John James Crook, have been shifted to the hospital through helicopter, says, official.
The three other, namely, Alastair James Swinton, Thomas Michael Livingstone, Uisdean Robertson Hawthorn, and a local tour guide Imran are still missing.
Officials said that the British expedition team had reached the Koyo Zom base camp in Upper Chitral earlier this month.
Bad weather and darkness forced the rescue team to halt the search operation, which would now be resumed on Monday (today).
- Iran ready to talks with Saudi Arabia, Gulf countries: Javad Zarif12:02 AM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Imran Khan discusses digital media with youth at PM House09:59 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- AJK snowfall: Neelum, Leepa, Bhedi declared calamity-hit areas09:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FO summons Indian diplomat to reject mischievous portrayal of ...08:58 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi reaches Qatar after conclusion of successful US visit08:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019