China to work with WHO to safeguard regional, global public health security
BEIJING – China will continue to work with the World Health Organization (WHO) and other countries to safeguard regional and global public health security, Chinese Foreign Ministry’s Spokesperson Hua Chunying said on Friday.
“Since the pneumonia outbreak caused by the novel coronavirus, the Chinese government has taken the most comprehensive and rigorous prevention and control measures with a strong sense of responsibility for people’s health,” she said while commenting on WHO Director General’s declaration of a public health emergency of international concern.
The spokesperson pointed out that many of these measures went well beyond the requirements of the International Health Regulations, adding, “We have full confidence and ability to win the battle against the outbreak.”
She added that, acting with openness, transparency and in a responsible manner, China had provided timely updates of the outbreak and the genome sequence of the coronavirus, adding, “Such efforts are fully recognized and highly commended by the WHO and many countries.”
WHO declares coronavirus epidemic as a global ... 10:41 AM | 31 Jan, 2020
GENEVA - The World Health Organization has declared the Coronavirus outbreak as a global health emergency. Addressing a ...
Hua Chunying also said that China had stayed in close communication and cooperation with the WHO. The WHO experts conducted a field trip to Wuhan.
Director-General Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus visited China and exchanged views on the containment of the outbreak with the Chinese side and applauded China’s prevention and control efforts and expressed gratitude for China’s great contribution to the world in fighting against the outbreak, she said.
- IMF predicts recovery in Pakistan's economy during 202112:12 AM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 245,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,105 confirmed ...11:08 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- School of Tomorrow – The world’s premier schools & societies ...10:11 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran intervenes as PIA suffers setbacks over license scandal09:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Punjab’s youngest MPA Sania Ashiq tests positive for coronavirus08:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020