China to work with WHO to safeguard regional, global public health security
BEIJING – China will continue to work with the World Health Organization (WHO) and other countries to safeguard regional and global public health security, Chinese Foreign Ministry’s Spokesperson Hua Chunying said on Friday.
“Since the pneumonia outbreak caused by the novel coronavirus, the Chinese government has taken the most comprehensive and rigorous prevention and control measures with a strong sense of responsibility for people’s health,” she said while commenting on WHO Director General’s declaration of a public health emergency of international concern.
The spokesperson pointed out that many of these measures went well beyond the requirements of the International Health Regulations, adding, “We have full confidence and ability to win the battle against the outbreak.”
She added that, acting with openness, transparency and in a responsible manner, China had provided timely updates of the outbreak and the genome sequence of the coronavirus, adding, “Such efforts are fully recognized and highly commended by the WHO and many countries.”
WHO declares coronavirus epidemic as a global ... 10:41 AM | 31 Jan, 2020
GENEVA - The World Health Organization has declared the Coronavirus outbreak as a global health emergency. Addressing a ...
Hua Chunying also said that China had stayed in close communication and cooperation with the WHO. The WHO experts conducted a field trip to Wuhan.
Director-General Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus visited China and exchanged views on the containment of the outbreak with the Chinese side and applauded China’s prevention and control efforts and expressed gratitude for China’s great contribution to the world in fighting against the outbreak, she said.
- Pakistan launches documentary on February-27 response against Indian ...05:38 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Women’s T20 World Cup 2020: Pakistan beat West Indies in Canberra05:24 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Nazi-inspired RSS ideology taking over India, may lead to bloodshed: ...03:33 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Punjab Cabinet declares PML-N Supremo Nawaz Sharif as “absconder”01:46 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Greta Thunberg and Malala Yousafzai meet at Oxford University01:17 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi calls out Hindutva activists, urges world to take ...01:12 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Sonya Hussyn was never in my books for MPTH: Khalil ur Rehman12:35 AM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019