WHO declares coronavirus epidemic as a global health emergency
GENEVA - The World Health Organization has declared the Coronavirus outbreak as a global health emergency.
Addressing a news conference in Geneva, WHO's Director-General Tedros Adhanom said the greatest concern is the potential for this virus to spread to countries with weaker health systems, which are ill-prepared to deal with it.
The UN's health agency's meeting described the emergency as an extraordinary event and a risk for other countries.
Meanwhile, the death toll from the Coronavirus in Chinese city of Wuhan has risen to 213.
The Coronavirus cases have spread to at least 18 countries.
- Tareen, Monis and Bakhtiar family among top beneficiaries of sugar ...12:53 AM | 5 Apr, 2020
- Foodpanda Pakistan provides monetary assistance to their heroes ...10:32 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- OPPO donates Rs6.2 million for Prime Minister COVID-19 Relief Fund10:11 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Coronavirus: Over half a million applied to join Tiger force in just ...07:12 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- The World of Future Technology07:04 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Has Junoon's Salman Ahmad infected by COVID-19?03:54 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Jennifer Aniston hasn’t found self-isolating difficult, here's why03:48 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Money Heist Season 4 is out and the fans can't be happier!03:41 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019