WHO declares coronavirus epidemic as a global health emergency
GENEVA - The World Health Organization has declared the Coronavirus outbreak as a global health emergency.
Addressing a news conference in Geneva, WHO's Director-General Tedros Adhanom said the greatest concern is the potential for this virus to spread to countries with weaker health systems, which are ill-prepared to deal with it.
The UN's health agency's meeting described the emergency as an extraordinary event and a risk for other countries.
Meanwhile, the death toll from the Coronavirus in Chinese city of Wuhan has risen to 213.
The Coronavirus cases have spread to at least 18 countries.
- Guterres commends Pakistan’ contributions towards UN’s charter, ...10:53 PM | 16 Feb, 2020
- Pakistan to name all development projects after top taxpayers09:59 PM | 16 Feb, 2020
- PTI announces 3-day mourning as Naeemul Haque laid to rest in Karachi09:53 PM | 16 Feb, 2020
- COVID-19: Coronavirus death toll rises to 1,666 in China09:43 PM | 16 Feb, 2020
- UN chief Guterres calls for full respect to human rights in Occupied ...09:36 PM | 16 Feb, 2020
- Shahid Afridi and wife welcome 5th baby girl01:41 PM | 15 Feb, 2020
- 10 restaurants in Lahore for a romantic date on V-day12:08 PM | 13 Feb, 2020
- Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas are reportedly expecting their first ...10:26 AM | 13 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019