PM Imran formally launches ‘Ehsaas Kafaalat’ Programme
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan on Friday formally launched "Ehsaas Kafaalat" Programme in Islamabad for socio-economic empowerment of the poor women.
According to media details, 2,000 rupees per month stipend will be paid to the most deserving and poorest women across the country through a digital payment system based on transparent mechanism devised under the programme.
All existing eligible beneficiaries of the Benazir Income Support Programme will continue to be part of Ehsaas Kafaalat programme.
The total numbers of expected Kafaalat beneficiary women are around seven million. Enrolments of one million families in 70 districts have already begun and these families will start receiving Kafaalat stipends from next two months.
More beneficiary families will be added through desk registration and other districts will be covered by end of the year.
Kafaalat is part of the wider Ehsaas programme, providing better access of opportunities to women to elevate themselves out of poverty.
- Pakistan launches documentary on February-27 response against Indian ...05:38 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Women’s T20 World Cup 2020: Pakistan beat West Indies in Canberra05:24 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Nazi-inspired RSS ideology taking over India, may lead to bloodshed: ...03:33 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Punjab Cabinet declares PML-N Supremo Nawaz Sharif as “absconder”01:46 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Greta Thunberg and Malala Yousafzai meet at Oxford University01:17 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi calls out Hindutva activists, urges world to take ...01:12 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Sonya Hussyn was never in my books for MPTH: Khalil ur Rehman12:35 AM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019