KP authorities seize 9 falcons owned by Qatari Prince at Peshawar airport
The department described the transportation of such costly hunting birds as illegal under the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Wildlife Act, 2015.
It was revealed that the approximate price of the falcons was about Rs20 million.
The federal government regularly issues special permits to various heads of states and members of Gulf sheikhdoms to hunt the migratory birds considered an aphrodisiac by the Middle Eastern hunters.
Qatari hunters apply and pay for government hunting permits and donate to local communities and wildlife conservation.
- Major university in Islamabad closed down after Covid-19 positive ...11:49 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- ‘Wedding celebrations’ — Video of Kashmala Tariq dancing to ...11:07 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan to propose March 15 declared as Int’l Day against ...09:26 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Punjab decides to raise wheat support price to Rs160008:46 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Turkish President Erdogan urges boycott of French products07:49 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Undefeated UFC fighter Khabib Nurmagomedov announces retirement after ...10:31 AM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Scarlett Johansson to star in 'Bride' for Apple, A2404:06 PM | 24 Oct, 2020
- IN PICS: Sana Javed, Umair Jaswal share unseen shots of their Nikkah03:08 PM | 24 Oct, 2020
- FIA arrests ‘RAW spy’ involved in target killings, bombings from ...04:14 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran slams France's Macron for deliberately provoking Muslims02:46 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- 15 men gang-raped, filmed teenage sisters in Punjab02:16 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Karachi police chief tests positive for coronavirus01:21 PM | 25 Oct, 2020