KP authorities seize 9 falcons owned by Qatari Prince at Peshawar airport
The department described the transportation of such costly hunting birds as illegal under the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Wildlife Act, 2015.
It was revealed that the approximate price of the falcons was about Rs20 million.
The federal government regularly issues special permits to various heads of states and members of Gulf sheikhdoms to hunt the migratory birds considered an aphrodisiac by the Middle Eastern hunters.
Qatari hunters apply and pay for government hunting permits and donate to local communities and wildlife conservation.
- Punjab governor, wife volunteer for COVID-19 vaccine trial10:19 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- ‘Sprint to Glasgow’: Pakistan PM Imran Khan to address global ...09:37 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Pakistan rejects Indian FAKE NEWS about 'transfer of foreign ...08:41 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Minor girl tortured by employers in Faisalabad (VIDEO)08:11 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020