PML-N to move court against ECP for NA-120 campaign restrictions

  • Nawaz Sharif not going to London for medical check up: Saad Rafique
  • Hamza Shahbaz appointed Pervez Malik in charge of Begum Kulsoom’s election campaign after internal consultations
Pakistan

LAHORE – The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz has announced moving court against the Election Commission’s code of conduct that bars any public office-holder from campaigning for by-polls in National Assembly constituency NA-120.

Railways Minister Khawaja Saad Rafiq told newsmen on Sunday that  the Election Commission had snatched political right of the campaign in NA-120 for which the party will go to the court of law for getting the decision overturned.

The minister also lavished praise on former first lady Begum Kulsoom Nawaz for her services for democracy and the party adding that she led the party at a time when it was under crisis after the bloodless coup of retired Gen Pervez Musharraf.

Rafique also rubbished rumors about an internal rift in ruling party clarifying that Mr Pervez Malik had been made in-charge of Begum Kulsoom’s election campaign by Hamza Shahbaz after internal consultations.

The Railways minister also claimed that former prime minister Nawaz Sharif was not going anywhere and the news report about his foreign tour for a medical check-up was baseless.

‘Mian Nawaz Sharif is fine and fresh so he’s not going abroad.’

Rafique, who majorly oversaw the recently staged GT Road power show said Nisar did not create any hype in his presser while denying any differences between Nisar and Senator Pervaiz Rashid.

Regarding the NAB references against the Sharifs, he said the party had reservations over the cases and lawyers were working on the issue.