NANKANA SAHIB – At least five people died when a fire erupted inside a house due to short circuiting in the suburban area of Malik Abad at Nankana sahib.

Sources Saturday said that four people of a family, identified as Supard Ali, with children Azam 12, Nazim 10, Maria Bibi 8 and a wife, Allah Rakhi, residents of Malik Abad, were asleep when the room caught fire due to short circuiting and the roof of the room caved in.

Due to short circuit fire rapidly spread into the whole house. Resultantly, all family members died on the spot.

The bodies were shifted to District Headquarters hospital for procedures. The bodies were handed over to their relatives by police after medico-legal formalities.-Online