VIDEO: Russia launches cargo ship to space station
The ship went through a flawless ascent to reach space and is expected to dock with one of the modules of the station at 1800 GMT on Saturday, April 2.
The Progress-63 is hauling some three tonnes of food, fuel and supplies to Russian cosmonauts Yuri Malenchenko, Oleg Skripochka and Alexey Ovchinin and NASA astronauts Tim Kopra and Jeff Williams.
A previous cargo vessel was disconnected from the station on Wednesday and will slowly descend to Earth to plunge into the Pacific Ocean on April 8.
Russia is solely responsible for manned flights to the International Space Station, but resupply missions are also carried out by the United States.
- Enhanced Pak-Turkey cooperation will have positive impact on regional ...06:43 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- 'PakVac' – Pakistani experts manufacture another 900,000 doses ...06:24 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan gears up to host Russian President Putin05:37 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Samsung SmartThings Unveils New Interface, Offering Customers a More ...05:22 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- The Undertaker challenges Akshay Kumar to a 'real match'04:06 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah addresses the backlash over her criticism directed at ...03:42 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan seeks explanation from HBO management for censoring PM ...11:02 AM | 23 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021