PM Imran says establishment has given him three options
Lifts curtain on many new things in latest TV interview
ISLAMABAD -- Prime Minister Imran Khan lifted the curtain on many new things in his latest interview to a private news channel that was telecast on Friday.
Talking to ARY News, the prime minister said his life was in danger, but he could not be silenced. He said the united opposition knows he would not keep silence at opposition’s involvement in horse trading. He said he would not become a silent spectator to what is happening.
Answering a question, Khan said the establishment has given him three options — to seek vote of confidence, tender resignation or announce early elections. He said he has told the establishment that he could not even think of resigning, but early elections were a good option.
He said he could not run the government with the lawmakers who abandoned him. He said he would face difficulties even if he wins the vote of confidence therefore early elections were a good idea.
The embattled prime minister said the conspiracy against him was being hatched since August last year and he was aware of it. He said that he knew the politicians, journalists and TV anchors who were visiting foreign embassies abroad.
Khan said the opposition parties and their sponsors had the plans to run a smear campaign against him to damage him. He said since the opposition parties would not be able to damage him, they would target his wife Bushra Bibi and her friend Farah.
The prime minister said he would never speak against the Pakistan Army. He said that Pakistan needed a strong army and the enemy could divide Pakistan into three parts in case Pakistan doesn't have a strong army. He said that countries, which did not have strong armies, were split into pieces. He said that Pakistan had been safe until now due to its strong army.
Answering a question about former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, the prime minister said Sharif and his daughter Maryam openly bad mouthed the army and promoted corruption in the judiciary. He said the PML-N would try to abolish the National accountability Bureau (NAB) if it comes into power.
He said that those behind the conspiracy against the PTI government would try to have the punishment given to Nawaz Sharif undone and bring him back into power. He said that foreign powers now don't need armies to control other countries; they just need henchmen like Sharif to control other countries. He said the PML-N ran a campaign that the prime minister was going to de-notify General Qamar Jawed Bajwa.
Khan said that Nawaz Sharif and Fazlur Rehman's parties were behind the murder of Pakistan People's Party (PPP) founder and former prime minister Zulfikar Ali Bhutto. He said that Pakistan should have friendship with all countries, including Europe and the United States, but there should be a limit to this friendship. He said that Pakistan should become a partner in peace and not war.
- Pakistan’s Arshad Nadeem wins javelin gold with career best throw ...11:06 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- British investigators launch probe into 'misuse' of charity funds by ...10:24 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan slams Indian ludicrous comments against OIC’s remarks on ...09:28 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Interior Minister says ‘performers giving Islamic touch now in need ...08:51 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Sakina Samo's directorial debut to hit cinemas later this month03:51 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Natasha Ali Lakhani’s new bold photos break the internet03:28 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022