Meesha Shafi's sexual harassment appeal against Ali Zafar has been dismissed by Punjab Governor
The said appeal was rejected on July 11 due to Meesha not being under any contract to work with Ali, therefore the act did not apply in this case.
"Meesha was not compelled in any way to work with Ali", the legal team of the actor/singer said in a statement. “The appeal was dismissed some time ago, around the same time Ali’s debut Pakistani film Teefa in Trouble was releasing. Therefore, we didn’t want the attention from the movie to be diverted," a member of the team, Ambreen Qureshi shared.
“The appeal has been dismissed on technical basis, which means when ombudsman cited the case to be not under the said act. Our plan is to appeal again on a competent forum and hopefully justice will prevail,” confirmed Meesha’s lawyer, Ahmed Pansota.
“I have always maintained that I will respect and honour whatever decision the justice system takes and that I believe justice shall be served in the best possible manner,” Ali said on the matter.
Since the controversy did not fall under the particular act, the matter had to be taken to the governor.
- Outsiders need NOC to marry women in this Pakistani district11:19 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Kristian Pengwin shares how devoting to your goals can lead to success10:30 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Punjab govt employees get 9-day holiday for Eid10:14 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Shahid Afridi awarded lifetime memberships of Marylebone Cricket Club09:33 PM | 4 May, 2021
- 30 Australian cricket stars stranded in India amid worsening COVID-19 ...08:59 PM | 4 May, 2021
- WATCH – Nora Fatehi invites fans to dance with her!03:30 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Twitter 'permanently suspends' Kangana Ranaut's account01:26 PM | 4 May, 2021