Meesha Shafi's sexual harassment appeal against Ali Zafar has been dismissed by Punjab Governor
The said appeal was rejected on July 11 due to Meesha not being under any contract to work with Ali, therefore the act did not apply in this case.
"Meesha was not compelled in any way to work with Ali", the legal team of the actor/singer said in a statement. “The appeal was dismissed some time ago, around the same time Ali’s debut Pakistani film Teefa in Trouble was releasing. Therefore, we didn’t want the attention from the movie to be diverted," a member of the team, Ambreen Qureshi shared.
“The appeal has been dismissed on technical basis, which means when ombudsman cited the case to be not under the said act. Our plan is to appeal again on a competent forum and hopefully justice will prevail,” confirmed Meesha’s lawyer, Ahmed Pansota.
“I have always maintained that I will respect and honour whatever decision the justice system takes and that I believe justice shall be served in the best possible manner,” Ali said on the matter.
Since the controversy did not fall under the particular act, the matter had to be taken to the governor.
- Pakistani origin young innovator named in Forbes' 30 Under 30 list11:45 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Teenage boy 'gang-raped', filmed by six in Punjab’s Pakpattan11:14 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Over 100 clerics of banned TLP placed on fourth schedule10:45 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-April-20-Updated ...09:56 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Govt to table resolution on French envoy’s expulsion in NA today: ...09:39 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Alia Bhatt comments on Pakistani rapper-comedian's latest video05:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021