Indian solider killed as Pakistan responds to LoC violations
POONCH – An Indian soldier was killed after Pakistani troops responded to unprovoked fire on forward posts along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir’s Rajouri district on Saturday, according to officials.
The Times of India quoted an Indian defence spokesman as confirming the death of Sepoy Rohin Kumar, from 14 Punjab Regiment, who hailed from of Hamirpur district in Himachal Pradesh.
So far, according to reports, 11 Indian soldiers have been killed in Pakistani firing at LoC this year, till date.
Earlier this week, three civilians, including two women, were injured in the Azad Kashmir (AJK) after Indian troops resorted to unprovoked ceasefire violation in Rakhchikri Sector along the Line of Control.
This year, according to Pakistan’s Foreign Office, India has committed 1,823 ceasefire violations to date, resulting in 14 martyrdoms and serious injuries to 138 innocent civilians.
- Special immigration counter opened for Chinese nationals at Islamabad ...11:36 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Afghan protesters storm Pakistan High Commission in London10:42 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- IT ministry makes use of indigenous messaging app mandatory for govt ...10:08 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- DG ISI arrives in Beijing for strategic talks with Chinese officials08:47 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Shilpa Shetty breaks silence after husband’s arrest in pornography ...03:49 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Iqra Aziz and Yasir Hussain welcome first baby03:16 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani stars demand #JusticeForNoor02:42 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021