200 Hindu pilgrims arrive in Lahore to attend Shivaratri festival
Evacuee Trust Property Board (ETPB) Chairman Muhammad Siddiqul Farooq held a reception in honour of the Hindu yatrees (pilgrims) at Gurdwara Dera Sahib here on Friday.
After a one-day stay in Gurdwara Dera Sahib here, the pilgrims will leave for Shivaratri at Katas Raj Temples, district Chakwal on December 2 and perform their rituals. The central ceremony will be held there on Dec 3.
The ETPB chairman said that the board was providing all possible facilities including foolproof security, accommodation, medical, journey and others to the pilgrims. He said that bilateral dialogue between Pakistan and India was the best way to resolve issues like Kashmir.
He stressed on the restoration of dialogues between both the countries under current tense scenario for peace in the region. After their arrival, the pilgrims arrived in the Gurdwara Dera Sahib in Lahore city for a one-day stay. On Saturday morning, they will leave for Chakwal, where they will perform rituals.
- Nadal downs Djokovic to clinch record-extending 10th Italian Open ...11:50 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Pakistanis above 30 asked to get vaccinated as soon as possible11:29 PM | 16 May, 2021
- India reports 4,077 new Covid deaths as UP police try to keep sacred ...10:47 PM | 16 May, 2021
- OIC resolution calls upon Israel to stop rights violations, terrorism ...09:52 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Bollywood's Hina Khan wears Pakistani designer on Eid-ul-Fitr02:38 PM | 16 May, 2021
- ‘New beginnings’ – Ghana Ali all set to tie the knot01:19 PM | 16 May, 2021
- MD Glam on why women should say no to skincare products made from ...10:01 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021