200 Hindu pilgrims arrive in Lahore to attend Shivaratri festival
Evacuee Trust Property Board (ETPB) Chairman Muhammad Siddiqul Farooq held a reception in honour of the Hindu yatrees (pilgrims) at Gurdwara Dera Sahib here on Friday.
After a one-day stay in Gurdwara Dera Sahib here, the pilgrims will leave for Shivaratri at Katas Raj Temples, district Chakwal on December 2 and perform their rituals. The central ceremony will be held there on Dec 3.
The ETPB chairman said that the board was providing all possible facilities including foolproof security, accommodation, medical, journey and others to the pilgrims. He said that bilateral dialogue between Pakistan and India was the best way to resolve issues like Kashmir.
He stressed on the restoration of dialogues between both the countries under current tense scenario for peace in the region. After their arrival, the pilgrims arrived in the Gurdwara Dera Sahib in Lahore city for a one-day stay. On Saturday morning, they will leave for Chakwal, where they will perform rituals.
- Jamshed Iqbal Cheema appointed SAPM on food security07:48 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- In first step to control price hike, new Pakistani finance minister ...07:35 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- ‘Ingenuity’ – NASA Mars helicopter makes first historic flight ...06:50 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Mobilink Microfinance Bank launches School Loan to financially ...06:29 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Alia Bhatt comments on Pakistani rapper-comedian's latest video05:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Ali Azmat tests positive for COVID-1904:15 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Justin Bieber all set for a cameo in Friends: The Reunion Special05:31 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021