Annual 3-day Urs of Hazrat Shah Ruknuddin Alam begins in Multan
MULTAN - The three-day 706th Urs of the great saint of the Sub-continent Hazrat Shah Ruknuddin Alam Suhrwardi began here with religious fervour and reverence on Wednesday.
Caretaker of the shrine, Foreign Minister Makhdoom Shah Mehmood Qureshi inaugurated the Urs ceremonies by leading traditional practice of rose water washing of the grave and laying the floral wreath.
Parliamentary secretary Finance, Makhdoom Zain Hussain Qureshi, Special Assistant to Chief Minister Punjab, Javed Akhtar Ansari, and Mureed Hussain Qureshi were also present at the inaugural ceremony.
Caretaker of the shrine Shah Mehmood Qureshi prayed for progress and prosperity of the country. On the occasion, he stated that the great saint propagated Islamic teachings in this part of the world, adding that the spiritual guidance was still in progress as thousands of devotees visit the shrine annually.
He prayed to Allah Almighty to protect all the devotees and followers from extreme weather conditions.
For this widely attended occasion, the local administration had made tight security arrangements.
- WB approves additional financing of $700m for Dasu power project10:45 AM | 2 Apr, 2020
- COVID-19: Over 5,100 died in US, global death toll rises to over ...10:03 AM | 2 Apr, 2020
- CAA suspends international, domestic flights till April 1109:32 AM | 2 Apr, 2020
- COVID19: Pakistan confirms 26 deaths; Coronavirus cases exceed 2,11008:28 AM | 2 Apr, 2020
- Hareem Shah to host a Ramazan transmission?04:25 PM | 1 Apr, 2020
- Van Gogh painting stolen from museum during virus shutdown04:03 PM | 1 Apr, 2020
- Kim Kardashian shares BTS of the nasty fight with sister Kourtney and ...04:01 PM | 1 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019