PM Imran pays surprise visit to shelter home in Islamabad
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan Wednesday paid a surprise visit to the Tarlai Panah Gah [shelter home] and enquired about the existing facilities being provided to people.
The prime minister enquired from the administration and the people about the accommodation facilities being provided there, PM Office Media Wing in a press release said.
He also took round of the facility and met the people staying there. He assured them that the government would take similar steps to improve their economic conditions.
وزیرِ اعظم عمران خان کا ترلائی پناہ گاہ کا اچانک دورہ— Govt of Pakistan (@pid_gov) January 1, 2020
وزیرِ اعظم نے پناہ گاہ کی انتظامیہ سے پناہ گاہ میں موجود سہولیات اور وہاں آنے والے افراد کے بارے میں استفسار کیا۔ pic.twitter.com/qopsXnrkUT
The people, mainly labourers, lodging in the Panah Gah, expressed their pleasure to find the prime minister among them.
The shelter homes project is envisioned by the prime minister Imran Khan to provide a safe place to the people who sleep under the open sky for lack of resources.
Prime Minister Imran Khan had laid the foundation stone of the Punjab government’s shelter homes project in Lahore in November 2018.
- Pakistan’s Google team briefs steps towards digitization, computer ...12:44 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Daraz Humqadam supports 45,000 businesses, empowers 5,500 SMEs to ...11:14 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus — Pakistan to open four western borders from Sunday10:47 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020