Whose protocol officers actually misbehaved with Imran Khan's sister? New facts emerge
LAHORE: The allegations by PTI chairman Imran Khan’s sister, Dr. Uzma Khan regarding Maryam Nawaz’s security protocol in Lahore have morphed as the media has now revealed that the squad which allegedly misbehaved with Dr Uzma was actually Faryal Talpur's, who is sister of former President Asif Ali Zardari.
Earlier, the Sharif family had rejected the allegations that Dr. Uzma's car had been hit by the police squad of Maryam Nawaz, which also harassed her and misbehaved with her. Maryam Nawaz turned to Twitter and denied all the allegations against her.
Feel sorry for Mr. Khan's sister. Was in Isb when I got the news. Arrived in Lhr at 4:30. Liars should have some shame at least in Ramadan.
— Maryam Nawaz Sharif (@MaryamNSharif) July 1, 2016
However, it was later discovered that Dr. Uzma Khan’s car was actually hit by the security protocol of Faryal Talpur, who had arrived in Lahore at the residence of party worker Asim Gujjar to offer condolences. However, to conceal her identity and avoid any controversy, Maryam Nawaz's name was used by her security team.
However, according to Geo News, the squad was in fact the security protocol of Azad Kashmir's President Sardar Yaqoob. The Police have confirmed this information as well. Asim Gujjar has also confirmed that Sardar Yaqoob had visited him at his residence to offer condolences.
According to the media reports, upon hearing about the incident, Asim Gujjar himself came out of his residence and apologized to Dr. Uzma. "My son also apologized to Dr. Uzma." He said. "She came to my house shouting and complaining loudly," he added.
However, CCPO Amin Wains claims that there was no motorcade movement in Lahore throughout the day.
- French prime minister resigns01:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Better compliance of SOPs by people helped to contain spread of ...12:37 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Shahroz, Sadaf Sabzwari to work together in an upcoming Eid telefilm12:07 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020