Gunman kills at least 12 co-workers at government building in US state of Virginia
According to Police, a gunman fired indiscriminately at the building who was later killed by police.
According to media details, the mass shooting incident occurred on Friday afternoon, when the assailant, public utility employee, indiscriminately opened fire upon co-workers at city offices in Virginia Beach, Virginia, leaving at least 12 people dead.
The gunman was later gun downed after being engaged in a “long-term gun battle” with law enforcement officers as police confronted him inside the building.
The city police chief informed that one police officer was wounded in the shootout, but his bullet-proof vest saved his life.
The police chief said that the suspect was armed with a .45-caliber handgun equipped with a “sound suppressor” device and was reloading his weapon with extended ammunition magazines as he moved through the building.
Virginia governor Ralph Northam said he was monitoring the situation, too. The official called the shooting "unspeakable, senseless violence."
- Pakistan Army soldier martyred as terrorists attack Thall check post: ...03:50 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: Namibia win toss and opt to field first against ...03:08 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Facebook likely to change its name to focus on Metaverse02:49 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- vivo announces the launch of X70 Pro in Pakistan02:34 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Ayesha Omar and Shoaib Malik’s new bold photos set internet on fire02:00 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Daler Mehndi wishes Eid Milad-un-Nabi to Muslim fans06:33 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Kumail Nanjiani dressed up in a Pakistani designer at Eternals ...02:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021