Another polio case emerges in Sindh this year
KARACHI - A new polio case emerged in Sindh's Naushero Feroze district, confirmed The Emergency Operation Centre (EOC) on Saturday.
The recently confirmed case has taken the tally of polio cases to seven in Sindh and 23 in Pakistan for the year so far.
A 28-month-old boy has been diagnosed with polio in Chaheen Suleman union council of Naushero Feroze district, with the date of onset being February 8. Both of his legs have been affected by the crippling virus.
According to his parents, he had received seven doses of the oral polio vaccine (OPV). The EOC is investigating this claim.
Earlier this month, anti-polio vaccination drives were also held across Sindh, aiming to vaccinate 2.3 million children in Karachi and 6.7 million children in the remaining areas of the province.
- Khusro, Hammad given new portfolios as PM Khan reshuffles federal ...07:18 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- 128 Pakistanis stranded in Uzbekistan return via PIA special flight05:48 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- 'Pakistan within three weeks to start manufacturing its own ...05:45 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- CM Buzdar orders all schools to slash fee by 20% for April & May04:50 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Salman Ahmad goes into self-quarantine after showing coronavirus ...03:49 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Danish Taimoor writes an appreciation note for the women in his life03:44 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- In rare address, Queen Elizabeth says UK 'we will succeed' in fight03:37 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019