Another polio case emerges in Sindh this year
KARACHI - A new polio case emerged in Sindh's Naushero Feroze district, confirmed The Emergency Operation Centre (EOC) on Saturday.
The recently confirmed case has taken the tally of polio cases to seven in Sindh and 23 in Pakistan for the year so far.
A 28-month-old boy has been diagnosed with polio in Chaheen Suleman union council of Naushero Feroze district, with the date of onset being February 8. Both of his legs have been affected by the crippling virus.
According to his parents, he had received seven doses of the oral polio vaccine (OPV). The EOC is investigating this claim.
Earlier this month, anti-polio vaccination drives were also held across Sindh, aiming to vaccinate 2.3 million children in Karachi and 6.7 million children in the remaining areas of the province.
- India bans Muslim gatherings but allows Hindu pilgrimage in occupied ...11:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 233,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,819 confirmed ...11:21 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Money laundering case – Shehbaz Sharif seeks exemption from ...11:15 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- China, India hold talks on border standoff11:05 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Umar Akmal’s appeal to be heard on July 13: PCB10:53 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Elton John honoured with his own commemorative coin from Uk's Royal ...04:46 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- TikTok star Zulqarnain Sikandar all set to make his acting debut with ...02:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Saroj Khan's family lived in Pakistan before the partition02:16 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020