Federal employees’ salaries likely to be raised in 2017-18 budget
The Ministry of Finance has proposed to enhance 10 per cent expenditure of all ministries in the meeting of priority committee which was held previous month while three proposals have been presented to Regulation Wing of Ministry of Finance regarding increase of salaries of employees.
One proposal is to increase the salaries by 10 per cent, second proposal is about 12.5 % while third is 15 per cent. The government has to bear the financial burden of some Rs 3 to 3.5 billion with the increase of 1 % in the salaries of employees.
“The national exchequer would face the financial burden from Rs 35 to 45 billion if salaries were increased from 10 to 15 per cent”, the officials added and maintained that no proposal is under consideration to review the pay scales of government employees or granting them ad-hoc allowance as the total cost of budget would be increased.
The officials added that proposal to increase the medical allowance from grade 1 to 15 to Rs 2000 and the employees from grade 16 to 22 would get the medical allowance from Rs 6000 to Rs 12000 is also under consideration. The house rent is likely to revise by 45 per cent of basic pay scales of 2015.
Besides this, proposal to grant utility allowance as per criteria set by provincial governments is also under consideration, the sources concluded.-Online
- PM Imran to visit Saudi Arabia before or after Eid08:08 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Jamshed Iqbal Cheema appointed SAPM on food security07:48 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- In first step to control price hike, new Pakistani finance minister ...07:35 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- ‘Ingenuity’ – NASA Mars helicopter makes first historic flight ...06:50 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Former KP IGP Nasir Durrani dies of COVID-1906:36 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Alia Bhatt comments on Pakistani rapper-comedian's latest video05:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Ali Azmat tests positive for COVID-1904:15 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Justin Bieber all set for a cameo in Friends: The Reunion Special05:31 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021