Federal employees’ salaries likely to be raised in 2017-18 budget
The Ministry of Finance has proposed to enhance 10 per cent expenditure of all ministries in the meeting of priority committee which was held previous month while three proposals have been presented to Regulation Wing of Ministry of Finance regarding increase of salaries of employees.
One proposal is to increase the salaries by 10 per cent, second proposal is about 12.5 % while third is 15 per cent. The government has to bear the financial burden of some Rs 3 to 3.5 billion with the increase of 1 % in the salaries of employees.
“The national exchequer would face the financial burden from Rs 35 to 45 billion if salaries were increased from 10 to 15 per cent”, the officials added and maintained that no proposal is under consideration to review the pay scales of government employees or granting them ad-hoc allowance as the total cost of budget would be increased.
The officials added that proposal to increase the medical allowance from grade 1 to 15 to Rs 2000 and the employees from grade 16 to 22 would get the medical allowance from Rs 6000 to Rs 12000 is also under consideration. The house rent is likely to revise by 45 per cent of basic pay scales of 2015.
Besides this, proposal to grant utility allowance as per criteria set by provincial governments is also under consideration, the sources concluded.-Online
- Babar Azam, Fakhar Zaman nominated for ICC Men's Player of the month04:14 PM | 5 May, 2021
- PMD reveals date for Eidul Fitr in Pakistan03:14 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Serial rapist who assaulted 20 victims including a lady cop held in ...02:59 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Governor Sindh visits K-Electric’s BQPS-iii power plant, reviews ...02:20 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Nazish Jahangir sheds light on the controversy with Mohsin Abbas ...02:10 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Eshal Fayyaz gets candid about her marriage rumours with ...01:47 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Deepika Padukone, family test positive as India’s coronavirus surge ...10:54 AM | 5 May, 2021