Maharashtra: 15 Indian police commandos killed in Maoist attack
Commandos were on patrol duty on two security vehicles on the Naxal-affected Kurkheda-Korchi road of the district when landmine blast took place amid celebrations of state's foundation day.
Civilian driver of the Commandos was also killed in the blast.
This attack has been termed as the biggest attack on security forces in the last two years in the state.
The attack comes after late last night, in an act of arson, Maoists set fire to the vehicles deployed for road work in Kurkheda tahsil of Gadchiroli district.
Chhattisgarh: BJP lawmaker among 5 killed in ... 06:08 PM | 9 Apr, 2019
DANTEWADA – A sitting lawmaker of the India’s ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) along with five security ...
In April last year, India’s security forces killed 37 Maoist rebels in two separate gunbattles in the region.
The rebels have thousands of fighters and are active in several parts of India. They routinely attack government troops and officials.
- Former Mossad chief reveals how Israel stole Iranian nuclear documents11:55 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- US lawmaker removed for helping crowd breach State Capitol10:45 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Russia lifts ban on rice imports from Pakistan10:23 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi and Aagha Ali concerned for uniformed personnel, ...06:28 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Here’s how ‘detective’ Muneeb Butt caught a thief (VIDEO)03:26 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021