Five soldiers killed as Afghan helicopters mistakenly fires on own checkpost
Afghan helicopters “mistakenly” bombed their own forces after calling in air support as they battled the Taliban in the Kensk area of Farah province late Friday, Dawlat Waziri, a defense ministry spokesperson, said.
“Because of the wrong coordinates, helicopters bombed an Afghan forces’ checkpoint that unfortunately left five soldiers and one police officers dead,” he said.
“An investigation into the incident has been launched,” he added.
- Balochistan's first woman SHO takes charge11:24 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Imran Khan's billionaire friend wins defamation suit against Indian ...10:42 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani fans excited but were Ms. Marvel scenes really shot in ...08:59 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Search operation under way for missing French paraglider in Gilgit ...08:25 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Hassan Ali’s adorable birthday celebration with wife goes viral04:49 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Komal Baig blessed with a baby boy04:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022