One dead, 18 injured as passenger plane catches fire in Russia
The Boeing 737 of the Utair airline flying from Moscow with 166 passengers and six crew members faced the mishap when it attempted to land in Sochi. A wing of the plane damaged causing a fire in the passenger jet.
"As a result of the crash landing at Sochi airport 18, including three children, sought medical help," regional health authorities said. The investigators have launched a criminal probe into the incident.
A spokesperson for the Sochi Airport said that an employee of the airport died, possibly of a heart attack, during the rescue operation.
Around sixteen ambulances took part in the rescue operation, while the fired had been extinguished, saving the plane from further damages.
Due to the crash landing, departure and arrival of about 20 flights have been delayed, leaving passengers in troubles.
- PM Imran reiterates to bring powerful under the ambit of law12:54 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Videos of alleged buying, selling of votes leak ahead of Lahore’s ...12:33 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Section 144 imposed around Karachi's Nasla Tower amid protests ...11:52 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- President Alvi, Tajik counterpart agree to further strengthen ...11:27 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Punjab students to get Rs3,000 monthly stipend under Waseela Taleem ...10:53 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021