Pakistan confirms providing consular access to Kulbhushan Jadhav today
Foreign Office Spokesperson Dr Muhammad Faisal confirmed the development on Sunday, amid soaring tensions between the nuclear-armed neighbours.
Consular access for Indian spy Commander Kulbhushan Jadhav, a serving Indian naval officer and RAW operative, is being provided on Monday 2 September 2019, in line with Vienna Convention on Consular relations, ICJ judgement & the laws of Pakistan.— Spokesperson 🇵🇰 MoFA (@ForeignOfficePk) September 1, 2019
After the verdict, Pakistan had announced that as a responsible state it would grant consular access to Jadhav according to the country’s laws.
India misses out Pakistan's offer of consular ... 12:39 PM | 3 Aug, 2019
ISLAMABAD - India turned down the chance of consular access to Indian spy Kulbhushan Jadhav by imposing conditions on ...
In its verdict, the UN’s judicial organ did not accept India’s argument that Jadhav was entitled to ‘restitutio in integrum’ (restoration to original position), rejecting New Delhi’s request to annul the decision of a military court.
Jadhav was arrested on March 3, 2016, in a counter-intelligence operation in Pakistan’s land-wise biggest province, Balochistan.
A Pakistani military court awarded him death sentence in 2017. However, ICJ stayed his execution.
- US envoy Khalilzad due in Pakistan to discuss Afghan peace02:44 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan's Gharidah Farooqi is not going to Aurat March, but why?02:05 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- PASSEX – Pakistan, Oman navy ships hold joint naval exercise01:25 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Bollywood actor Mithunda joins Modi's BJP06:27 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Shahid Afridi confirms Shaheen's family asked for daughter's hand in ...05:46 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021