COVID-19 pandemic: Nestlé Pakistan to support vulnerable communities with 100 million rupees
LAHORE - To meet the nutritional needs of both affectees and frontline workers during these times, Nestlé Pakistan has committed 100 million rupees in the national response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
As part of the pledge, Nestlé Pakistan will give product and cash donations, which will include 4 million servings of milk, iron-fortified dairy products, baby cereals, water, and juices.
Highlighting the efforts, Samer Chedid, CEO, Nestlé Pakistan said, “We will be mobilizing relief to medical facilities (quarantine centers) and food-delivery organizations serving vulnerable families, worth 100 million rupees, in the form of product and cash donations, through national and provincial disaster management authorities and local governments.”
“We have also joined hands with reputable NGOs in response to their COVID 19 emergency appeals to support deserving people across Pakistan. We have invited all our employees to step forward and donate one day’s salary for supporting people going through hard times. The donation intimations by employees will be matched 1:1 by Nestlé Pakistan,” Chedid said.
Chedid also emphasized on the additional safety measures Nestlé was undertaking internally. “We are making sure that we keep our employees healthy and safe, and that they follow the most stringent safety protocols at all our manufacturing and warehouse facilities, as advised by the World Health Organization.”
Nestlé Pakistan is working tirelessly to ensure that much-needed food and beverage products are available for our consumers across Pakistan, in commitment to the strategic roadmap laid out by Prime Minister Imran Khan and respective provincial leaderships. At Nestlé, we care deeply for people and for the communities in which we operate, and we believe we have an essential role to play during the COVID-19 crisis.-PR
- Islamabad makes wearing face masks mandatory in all public places12:31 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan marks “World No Tobacco Day” today11:49 AM | 31 May, 2020
- NDMA activates another two separate hotlines to counter locust, ...11:27 AM | 31 May, 2020
- At least 7 killed, 30 injured after Multan-bound bus overturns near ...10:31 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 69,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,483 confirmed ...10:19 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020