PIA hands over expensive Airbus for mere Rs 5.7m in fishy deal
According to multiple media reports, PIA sought proposals from different firms for the sale of airbus A-310 till December 12, but the administration sold out the plane to its hand-picked German buyer ahead of schedule.
The fit-to-fly PIA aircraft was reportedly sold to a German firm for as low as 50,000 Euros. Aviation experts claim that due to the certificate of airworthiness, the worth of said airbus A-310 ranged in millions of dollars.
Rumours are also rife that the plane purchased by a museum in Germany would now be used by Israel in a propaganda film.
When Federal Minister Muhammad Zubair was asked about the fishy deal, he said the plane was sold for 290,000 Euros, out of which 250,000 Euros will be paid to the PIA immediately and remaining 40,000 Euros will be paid later.
The minister said who would purchase such old plane and what were they to do if it was to be featured in an Israeli propaganda movie or used for some other purpose.
PIA has yet to confirm or refute the allegations regarding the deal.
- Fire guts scores of stalls in Islamabad’s Sunday market09:44 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- PM's son Suleman Shehbaz set to return home after four years in ...09:26 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- President Alvi proposes early closure of business markets to save ...08:34 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Imran Khan intends to dissolve Punjab, KP assemblies within a few ...08:15 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- ‘The Legend of Maula Jatt’ becomes Google’s most searched movie ...06:38 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Hira Mani slays fashion goals with friends in latest video07:57 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Ayesha Omar’s new workout video goes viral06:25 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Top 10 most searched people on Google in Pakistan in 202206:07 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan's first female Supreme Court judge earns place in BBC '100 ...01:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022