No truth in Hashmi’s statement regarding judicial martial law: Asma Jahangir
Talking to media on Monday, she said there was no truth in Javed Hashmi's claim that former Chief Justice Nasir-ul-Mulk had cancelled the official leaves and summoned all the judges of the apex court in Islamabad registry during the occasion of PTI’s 2014 protest sit-in.
“The fact was that Chief Justice Nasir-ul-Mulk had summoned all the judges in Islamabad and said that writ petitions had been filed and it is heard,” she added and maintained that CJP hadn’t cancelled the leave of even a single judge of the apex court.
She stated; “I have appeared before the court of Justice Nasir-ul-Mulk and won and lost the cases but no suspicion can be raised on his character.
She said that there was a great difference between former CJ, Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry and Justice Nasir-ul-Mulk and claimed that judiciary would never support any unconstitutional step and if it happened, the Bar Associations and judges would face the consequences with courage or quit their offices.-Online
- ILT20: 24 UAE players announced for the inaugural edition01:42 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan Women's football team camp begins in Lahore01:20 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Abid Riaz off to Dubai to attend AIBA meeting12:55 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- MP Black, Remington qualify for Corps Commander Polo Cup main final12:31 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Waqar, Nasir Iqbal breeze into Combaxx 1st CNS All Pakistan Squash ...12:11 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Dananeer and Khushhal gear up for a new TV project09:41 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Another Indian actress quits showbiz to embrace Islamic lifestyle11:12 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Ranbir Kapoor hopes to work with Pakistani artists in future11:30 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list? ...10:48 AM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Top 10 most searched people on Google in Pakistan in 202206:07 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan's first female Supreme Court judge earns place in BBC '100 ...01:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022