Australia beat Pakistan by 9 wickets in tri-nation T20I
AJ Finch's 68 not out lead Australia to their first win in the series. Hassan Ali of Pakistan was the only bowler to get a wicket.
Earlier, Pakistan gave 117 runs target to Australia in the second T20 cricket match of triangular series today in Harare, Zimbabwe.
Australia won the toss and decided to field first against Pakistan, which beaten Zimbabwe in the opening match on Sunday by 74 runs.
Hussain Talat (10), Fakhar Zaman (6) and skipper Sarfraz Ahmed (4) out in quick succession, followed by Shoaib Malik who was run out, showing the failure of Pakistani batting line.
Pakistan was off to a flying start in the Twenty20 tri-series with a thumping 74-run win over depleted Zimbabwe on Sunday.
Zimbabwe, going into the series without five top players because of a pay dispute between players and the country’s cricket board, was bowled out for 108 after Pakistan had made a strong 182-4.
Opening batsman Fakhar Zaman (61) scored his second Twenty20 international century before Asif Ali blazed four sixes in his robust unbeaten 41 off 21 balls that advanced Pakistan’s total.
With this victory, Sarfraz Ahmed set a world record of winning the most T20 internationals – 20 out of 23 matches in which he led Pakistan team.
Zimbabwe’s batting crumbled against Pakistan’s experienced spinners as Mohammad Hafeez, Mohammad Nawaz and Shadab Khan shared five wickets between them.
Tarisai Musakanda top scored with 43 and was one of the three batsmen to reach double figures.
Pakistan will take on Australia in the second match of the series on Monday.
The three teams will play each other twice, with a rest day on Saturday before the top two sides meet in next Sunday’s final.
Muhammed Amir will not be a part of Pakistani squad. The experienced Mohammad Hafeez will return to the top order after his bowling action was cleared as legal last month.
The tri-series is taking place from July 1 to July 8 in Zimbabwe.
T20I Triangular Series Fixtures
July 1: Sunday Zimbabwe vs Pakistan
July 2: Monday Pakistan vs Australia
July 3: Tuesday Australia vs Zimbabwe
July 4: Wednesday Zimbabwe vs Pakistan
July 5: Thursday Pakistan vs Australia
July 6: Friday Australia vs Zimbabwe
July 8: Sunday Final
Pakistan squad for Triangular Series
Fakhar Zaman, Muhammad Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, Asif Ali, Hussain Talat, Sarfraz Ahmad (captain/wicketkeeper), Harris Sohail, Shadab Khan, Muhammad Nawaz, Faheem Ashraf, Hassan Ali, Muhammad Amir, Usman Khan Shinwari, Shaheen Shah Afridi and Sahibzada Farhan.
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:32 AM | 28 Oct, 2021
- COVID cases dip as Pakistan sees 706 new infections, 9 deaths09:11 AM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 28 October 202108:41 AM | 28 Oct, 2021
- CII disapproves of chemical castration of rapists11:10 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Two soldiers martyred while thwarting terrorists’ infiltration from ...10:15 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Hareem Shah's new bold video goes viral06:40 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor to get married in December?05:56 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Sania Mirza becomes a ‘rescue angel’ after Hafeez forgets ...05:24 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021